Office of Communications & Media Relations
2015-Present News Releases & Advisories Archives
- NIH researchers discover new autoinflammatory disease and uncover its biological cause (12/23/19)
- NIH launches first U.S. clinical trial of patient-derived stem cell therapy to replace dying cells in retina (12/16/19)
- Side effects mild, brief with single antidepressant dose of intravenous ketamine (11/15/19)
- NIH adds five Lasker Clinical Research Scholars (11/14/19)
- Influenza human challenge study begins at NIH-sponsored clinical trial units (10/23/19)
- NIH pairs cutting-edge neuroethics with ground-breaking neurotechnologies (10/18/19)
- New NIH program provides comprehensive treatment for inherited blood and immune diseases (09/26/19)
- Smoldering spots in the brain may signal severe MS (08/12/19)
- Experimental respiratory syncytial virus vaccine prompts antibody surge (08/01/19)
- NIH scientists identify spasm in women with endometriosis-associated chronic pelvic pain (07/11/19)
- NIH welcomes 50 young scientists to year-long medical research scholar program (06/10/19)
- NIH study finds heavily processed foods cause overeating and weight gain (05/16/19)
- NIH researchers identify method to verify if children fasted before medical testing (05/03/19)
- In rare cases, immune system fails despite HIV suppression (04/18/19)
Five individuals were evaluated in the NIH Clinical Center.
- Gene therapy restores immunity in infants with rare immunodeficiency disease (04/17/19)
- NIH BRAIN Initiative tool may transform how scientists study brain structure and function (04/17/19)
Dr. Christine Grady, chief of Bioethics at the NIH Clinical Center, adds insight on ethics involved in the research.
- Want to learn a new skill? Take some short breaks (04/12/19)
- Releasing an immune system brake could help patients with rare but fatal brain infection (04/10/19)
- NIH begins first-in-human trial of a universal influenza vaccine candidate (04/03/19)
- FDA-approved drug effectively treats rare chronic immune disorder (04/03/19)
All study visits took place at the Clinical Center.
- Gout treatment may help prevent obesity-related type 2 diabetes, suggests small NIH study (04/02/19)
- Harnessing T-cell “stemness” could enhance cancer immunotherapy (03/28/19)
- NIH to test experimental drug to curb opioid cravings (03/21/19)
Early stage trial opens at Clinical Center.
- Meningitis changes immune cell makeup in the mouse brain lining (03/18/19)
- Our brains may ripple before remembering (03/15/19)
- NIH adds eight Lasker Clinical Research Scholars (03/12/19)
- Nitisinone increases melanin in people with albinism (02/20/19)
- Patients to share personal journeys at NIH Rare Disease Day events (02/11/19)
- Investigational monoclonal antibody to treat Ebola is safe in adults (01/25/19)
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 01/13/2020