Department of Clinical Research Informatics
The User Support Team provides customer-focused information technology (IT) services and technical support to users in the following areas:
- Patient Portal
- Standard Clinical Desktop (SCD)
- Login IDs
- Email problems
- Computer problems
- PointSec (Remote Access Encryption)
The Department of Clinical Research Informatics (DCRI) is committed to delivering secure, responsive, high-quality, customer-oriented information technology services and support that foster clinical care and research. Beginning on Monday, July 29, 2013 DCRI began the support functionality of the CC Service Center with Clinical Center departments.
Assigned departments are being phased into this support model every 6 weeks. For desktop support issues, staff will contact the CC Service Center by phone at 301-496-8400 or via email at CC-DCRI Service Center.
The CC Service Center's normal hours of operation are from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday and closed Saturday, Sunday and Federal Holidays.
The CC Service Center will:
- Create a service ticket for the user while on the phone
- Use remote tools to access user's computer
- Manage and coordinate urgent and complicated support issues
- Document, track and monitor issues/tickets
- Review opened tickets
- Validate issue resolution on the customer's behalf
- Triage all end user IT support requests from the NIH community. This includes the classification and prioritization of all issues, the creation of a service ticket for each issue, and escalation to higher tiers for services within the CC DCRI, CIT or other support areas, when appropriate.
- Resolve issues concerning Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software, e.g. Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), software related to the CC and some NIH Enterprise Services/Applications e.g. ITAS, NED, others (where applicable).
USER SUPPORT HOURS
During Off Hours (evenings/weekends/Holidays) call the CC Service Center at (301) 496-8400 for CRIS support assistance. Do not use the page operator. Systems Monitoring Staff will provide assistance for all issues related to hardware (toner, paper), printing (paper jams, reports, labels) or system issues (applications running slowly or not working.) Systems Monitoring Staff shall refer all clinical issues to the CRIS Support Analyst on call.
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 04/27/2020